Friday, August 31, 2012

Catching up after the storm

I was planning to be on vacation all week, but after Jackson's ent appt I decided to cancel. Jackson has to have sinus and tonsil surgery on sept 20. I hate the thought of it! Hopefully he will be all well after it is over. So vacation was shortened to 1 day off to save time and be home with him to recover. We decided to take a short trip to the beach though. Carly went with us and we had a great time. The condo was only a 1 bedroom due to our last minute planning. Us girls bunked up in the king size bed and Jackson took the top bunk bed of course. Adam said he just couldn't make it in the bottom "brick pallet" as he called it, so he took the sofa! His words exactly after the first night "this is our last one bedroom condo!". We had a great time though. The weather was perfect and not crowded at all. Amelia loved napping on the beach. One afternoon Jackson took about a 2 hour nap right on the beach. We played putt putt golf one night and went to The Hangout too. Carly and I carried Amelia in her stroller up about 1000 steps at that golf course! Hurricane Isaac literally chased us out of town. They had a mandatory evacuation the morning we were to leave. All I kept thinking about was being stuck in that tunnel in Mobile (and that Sandra Bullock movie where things go way wrong in a tunnel!) The traffic wasn't bad for us though. Thank God! We came home and prepared like crazy for the storm. I don't know what I would have done without Carly. She has had my kiddos for like literally a week. Since yesterday I bet Jackson has asked like 100 times "where's Carly???" Here are a few pics from the beach.

No comments: